Friday, April 12, 2013

The Winter of My Discontent

Good morning,

It's been a while since I've written.  Life has been hectic.  I have been frantic.  I found myself holding the door open so winter could fly south.  Good riddance to that season.

It all started on Saturday, January 26th.  Mom had a good day.  As always she comes out to watch television after dinner.  Catch up on her love of politics.  We observed the "getting ready" ritual whereby I make a nice nest in her lift recliner while she readies herself to march into the living room.  Her walker parked beside the bed, I didn't worry about her getting mobile.  Big mistake!  HUGE!

Little did I know that she decided to take the "three hour tour" around the bed away from the walker when I heard a crash.  That crash resulted in a broken femur.  I assessed her and called 911 immediately.

Thus began the saga that winter brought and ends today as I prepare to bring her home.  The following blog entries promise to give insights into a caregiver working to insure a facility gives the care required.  It's been a fight.  I'm tired, but women in my family don't give up.

So buckle up and prepare to read about a very bumpy ride.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting "The Daughter." I hope you enjoyed the site as much as I am creating it.

You are always welcome at "The Daughter."