Monday, December 31, 2012

Before 2012 Leaves Me...

I want to thank you all for being part of the last year with me.  For reading about the love that sums up what caregiving requires for both human and animal.  Your comments have uplifted me throughout this time.  I thank you and appreciate the time you've invested in reading these blog posts.

Will I miss 2012?  It's a bittersweet question.  We miss my father terribly every day. We miss the medical support.  I don't miss the decision-making-on-a-dime.  I miss spending time with friends.  There are other things that I don't miss and other people that tear me to shreds because they're gone.

The moments I treasure most came from friends.  Friends who never forgot my birthday.  Friends who supported us with love unconditionally.  Friends who cried with me on the phone or in person.  Friends who listened even when I knew I was too tired to make sense even when the endless stream of consciousness kept flowing.  I love/treasure/cherish these wonderful souls who saw something in me that I can't see for myself.  Thank you.  Thank you.  I am so blessed and grateful to have you in my life. 

As for 2013, I'm looking forward to creating a livelihood.  My mother, my family, my friends, and yes, even a little dog named "Dickens" have encouraged me to pursue my passion.  It'll take time, planning, and a bunch of sweat equity, but I believe my dream of life as a caregiver & artist can fly (and as my banner says, "everything else in between").

So here's to the New Year!  Stay close.  There are more adventures to share.  Miracles happen right in front of us everyday.  I pray 2013 is no different in that respect.

Now raise a glass and let's get to it!  Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting "The Daughter." I hope you enjoyed the site as much as I am creating it.

You are always welcome at "The Daughter."