Dear Mother Nature:
Knock it off. Really. What are you thinking?
First, you sent us a summer with unbearable heat, followed by a small, yet discernable earthquake in Maine. Then to really get the juices flowing, a hurricane we named "Sandy" brought incredible destruction to parts of the East Coast. Epic. (And trust me, unless you count the sand in folks' basements, there was nothing sandy about that mess.) Now we're on the edge of a Nor'easter that's producing snow.
Please get your pretty little head out of the Southern Hemisphere and quiet things down around here. These poor folks in Jersey have to evaculate again!
Let's try for a nice picturesque winter, rather than an artic armwrestling match, OK?
All the best,
P.S. Thanks for last winter's reprieve. Much appreciated.
Links to the Outside World
- The Daily Dickens: Fresh Air!
- The Daily Dickens: A Room with A View...
- The Daily Dickens: Let. Me. Out!
- The Daily Dickens: My Little Stoner
- The Daily Dickens: Ruff, Rough, Ruff
- The Daily Dickens: Today's Grind
- The Daily Dickens: Pup and Circumstance
- The Daily Dickens: Snow Encounters of a Nor'easte...
- Rocksalot Cottage: A Letter to Mother Nature
- The Daily Dickens: Small Dog Warnings
- The Daily Dickens: Tuesday Tension Tamer
- Rocksalot Cottage: Turn Back Time?
- ▼ November (12)