Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Secret Longing

Sometime in one's life one has to a yield to that secret longing, that tug within that needs to be explored no matter what's going on at the time.  Periods of joy.  Periods of sadness.  Lord, knows I've resisted...ignored...dismissed this idea for a long, long time, but two weeks ago, I gave in to that inner call.   

I'd been researching for what seems like an eternity.  Through sleepless nights.  As I watched television.  Engaging perfect strangers to ask vital questions.  Emailing, texting, or telephoning experts with the questions du jour.  I stalled by telling myself I didn't want to care for anything else.  Not even a goldfish.  Asking myself if after all I've been through if I had finally "slipped a nut." 

On August 30, 2012 the answer became clear to me.  Plain as the nose on my face.  I knew it when I woke up.  A new beginning.  A new energy.  A different, but deep relationship.

So, without further ado, may I present...


Dickens!






   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting "The Daughter." I hope you enjoyed the site as much as I am creating it.

You are always welcome at "The Daughter."