OK, then, the bathing suit plan has kept me reasonably sane. Bravo, that!
The National Weather Service (not the "henny penny cable guys) report we have (past tense, thank you, God) hit 104 degrees. That's 104 degrees. So far we're all still here.
Dickens can't understand why he can't go for longer walks. I'm holding his dinner an hour later so he can walk without dropping. He's a considerate dog as he refuses to use the lawn as a "toilette". He prefers the street next to us. He's a terrier. He's stubborn.
One more day of this (well, actually a day and a half, but I'm rounding at this point) and temps should fall back to their seasonal low-80's.
Can't happen soon enough!
Links to the Outside World
- Peace On the Way
- Melody of the Pines
- ....That Which Passes All Understanding
- Putting It Out There and Bringing it Home
- The Man Who Loved Me
- Pressure (Barometric and Otherwise)
- "All Will Be Well In All Manner of Things All Will...
- Thank You, Canada!
- Madsummer or Midsummer?
- Carpe Diem
- Play Dates in the Sun!
- The Tale of One Puppy
- The Burning Question
- Are You Kidding Me?
- The Stubborn Sunflower
- Self-deprecation Vs. Self-Doubt
- The Paper Passion Season
- What Strengthens Me
- Sometimes When I'm Down, I Have to Look Up!
- Now Folks, This Day Really Hasn't Been Normal.
- In the Wee Hours...
- Conquering the Fear Factor
- Finding Our Comfort Zones
- ▼ July (25)
- ► 2012 (89)