Monday, July 15, 2013

Are You Kidding Me?

Accuweather.com Forecast 

My soul wants to bask in the glow of positivism.  I really, really want to accept and embrace the day, but in light of the forecast that light's going to add more heat to my day.  So, the gloves are off.  Political correctness cast aside.

I detest the hazy, hot, and humid days of New England summer.  Truly.  Yes, I realize folks living in other parts of the country have it worse, but I'm not living in other parts of the country.  In fact, when this phase of my life passes, I'm going find a place to live free from this tropical nightmare.  The Arctic Circle?  Antarctica?  Ireland?  There, I've said it.  No apologies.  No remorse.

Today, I'm throwing economic caution to the wind and installing another air conditioner.  If I'm going to live in the moment, it had better be a cool moment so I can get things done.  At least in winter months I can bundle up, add a sweater.  There's no low cost remedy in summer.  (OK, if you count cool showers, one.)  I'm calling this purchase "medically necessary," so I don't go insane.

Yes, I'm a lightweight.  I'm positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting "The Daughter." I hope you enjoyed the site as much as I am creating it.

You are always welcome at "The Daughter."